Comprehensive Exam Application
To be eligible to APPLY for the comp exam, a student must:
1. Have successfully completed all prerequisite courses; and
2. Have successfully COMPLETED 8 or more graduate-level MSOM courses, including all four required core graduate courses. Any approved graduate transfer courses are not counted toward the 8 completed MSOM courses.
To be SCHEDULED for an exam, a student must:
1. Fill out the application below AFTER completing 8 graduate level MSOM courses; and
2. Be in good academic standing with both the Graduate School (2.85 GPA or above) and with the MSOM program (3.0 GPA or above for graduation); and
3. Turn in a Kaltura video presentation and PowerPoint via Blackboard and have both accepted by the comp exam committee at least 14 days prior to testing.
Once all of the above is completed, we will contact you to schedule a specific time and give further details. Exam dates/times are first-come, first-served. Once the spots are filled, we will offer a waitlist, but you may be moved to the next term and your graduation could be delayed. The sooner you get your Kaltura video and PowerPoint presentation submitted, the more options you will have for scheduling your exam!
Successful completion of a comprehensive exam is one of the final steps toward earning the Master of Science in Operations Management degree. The comprehensive exam is a tool for evaluating the student and to verify he/she has achieved a sufficient level of knowledge and expertise in the Operations Management curriculum to be awarded the MSOM degree. The exam also serves as an assessment of the effectiveness of both the teaching in the program as well as the curriculum content. The exam tests all successfully completed graduate-level MSOM courses AND the MSOM equivalent to any previously approved graduate transfer courses.
If you have any questions, please contact your advisor.